Friday, October 10, 2014

Continuing to Touch Lives

I had a special day yesterday...I was invited to speak to the Women's Studies class at Concordia University. I spoke about Kelly-Anne 's story, my life moving forward and of course the signs of domestic abuse.

Here in the back of the class sat a young women with tears rolling down her face. After my talk she came up to me and told me that she knew Kelly-Anne from one of the summer pools where Kelly-Anne had once worked. This young women told me that Kelly-Anne had taught her to swim. It seems everywhere I go, I meet someone who knew Kelly-Anne or knows someone who knew my daughter. I hear new stories which allow me to learn more about Kelly-Anne. They are a constant  reminder  how she touched other people's lives. And for that I continue to be a proud mother knowing that
Kelly-Anne is never forgotten and has left many positive  lasting memories for so many young people.

She is truly an example to follow.

No comments: