Friday, July 25, 2014

Facing the Devil

Last week to my surprise, I received a letter from the  National Parole Board stating that Kelly-Anne's murder  is asking for  a hearing to ask for day parole. At first I thought it was a mistake...but no he is allowed  to make application for  day parole starting this October. Imagine 10 years  and he is now allowed to ask to out  for the day. I am told that he has to  submit a plan or project...well I  can't wait to see what he has up his sleeve.

He has met his match. I too am preparing a presentation to the board as to why he should not be  granted day parole.  I will be asking alot of  questions and will be expecting answers.

I still can't wrap  my head around the fact that he is entitled to apply after 10 years. It seems  like yesterday that Kell was taken from us.

I have written in the past about how the privacy laws  protect the offender from us knowing about  any medical situations they may have. Interestingly written on the letter in  bold font was that any information that I send to the parole board will be shared with the offender. Such double standards.

And for at  least the hundredth  time, I repeat, offenders have more rights than the victims.

Has he changed,what has he done on the inside to warrant day passes? How can I be sure he won't harm anyone or run away? Many questions and concerns are quickly be written on my scratch pad.
But what I really want to know is has he acknowledged the fact that he is the sole person responsible for Kelly-Anne's death ?  Will he show  remorse with  crocodile tears on the day of the hearing?

Your answer is as good as mine...to be continued.

No comments: